We park our car and get in through the monastery gate. It’s sunny and quiet. No people in sight. There’s a tidy park around the building. We start looking for a place where we can set out without spoiling it. It’s amazingly well cared-for!
The palace was built by the order of Konstanty Lubomirski in 1898-1902 and then fictionally sold to Maria Ciechanowska – in reality it was all about letting the sisters in.
When the sisters in habits arrived in Congress Poland it was quite a thing since these lands belonged to the Russian partition where any forms of spreading Polish culture or beliefs were prohibited. Sisters formally took the place in 1921, even though they were allowed to open a female gymnasium 3 years earlier. They run a secondary school and a high school here nowadays.