Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! It’s hard to describe how beautiful this palace is. It’s a big positive surprise that such a thing was left in this country. But why is it still so unpopular even with this funny name (Moszna means scrotum in Polish)?:)
The palace was built in mid 17th century. It burned down in 1896 but was then reconstructed in baroque style. In the beginning of 20th century, first a neo-gothic east wing was added and then a neo-renaissance west wing. It was the residence of house Tiele-Winckler, industry moguls from 1866 to 1945. It survived the times of World War II practically untouched, but after 1945, when it became the seat of Soviet Army, it was devastated and robbed of all the valuables.
You can easily get lost inside – there’s 365 rooms and 99 little towers here and the total floor space is 7 000 sqm. The palace is open to sightseeing; art exhibitions take place here along with chamber music concerts. It’s surrounded by a beautiful 200 ha park which is a part of a landscape park.